Église La Visitation-de-la-Bienheureuse-Vierge-Marie

Religious building and site Region : Montréal City : Montréal District : North

Built in 1752 on the banks of the Rivière des Prairies, in the northern part of the city, this is the only remaining church from the French Régime on the Island of Montréal. Its richly decorated interior has changed very little since the early 19th century. The tabernacle and the polychrome portals leading to the sacristy, carved in Louis XV style, are some of the most spectacular features of this historic monument.

Telephone : 514 388-4050


1847, boul. Gouin E., Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2C 1C8

Activities and services


  • Self-guided tours
  • Tours : in french

Vehicle and Parking Services

  • Free outdoor parking


  • Reservations recommended
  • Tours : in french

Schedules and rates

June 28, 2015 - October 11, 2015