Chapelle des Ursulines (Parloir Marie-de-l'Incarnation)

Religious building and site Region : Québec City and Area City : Québec City District : Vieux-Québec - inside the walls

As it still appears today, the interior decor of the chapel at the Québec City Ursuline convent features one of the most beautiful collections of sculpted wood in the province. Although it has undergone changes over the years, it remains a significant example of Québec art prior to 1759. The chapel was begun in 1723 and completed in 1739 for the celebration of the centennial of the arrival of the Ursulines in Québec City. Three main elements make up its interior design-the pulpit, the Sacred Heart altarpiece and the main altarpiece-and were moved to the current chapel, which dates from 1902. Adjacent to the chapel, to the right, is the oratory of Marie de l'Incarnation, erected in memory of the founder in 1972 on the 300th anniversary of her death. © Corporation du patrimoine et du tourisme religieux de Québec

Telephone : 418 692-2523


Activities and services


  • Self-guided tours
  • Tours : in french
  • Tours : in english


  • Not accessible (Kéroul)


  • Reservations required
  • Tours : in french
  • Tours : in english

Schedules and rates

April 30, 2015 - November 01, 2015