10 unique winter experiences in Québec
Quebeckers have put to good use their never ending creativity, their festive spirit and the distinctive attractions of their vast territory to imagine winter activities that are both entertaining and original. Discover the pleasures of winter in Québec; experience something unique and unforgettable!
Discover unique activities!
1. Bathe in the snow. During Québec Winter Carnival, roll in the snow in your swimsuit with other festival goers!
2. Party all night long outdoors. Party with Montréalers and enjoy the many free activities offered during Nuit Blanche, a much-anticipated event of Montréal en Lumière.
3. Dance under the stars to techno rhythms. Join the thousands of electronic music fans who come to dance on the piers of Vieux-Port de Montréal to the rhythms of the best DJ’s in the world, during the Igloofest event.
4. Try your hand at alpine sledding with a view on the river. Luge down the Massif de Charlevoix and enjoy breathtaking vistas of the St. Lawrence River.
5. Fish for marine and freshwater fish. Dip your fishing line under the ice of the fjord, for a unique mix of marine and freshwater fish.
6. Spend the night in an ice hotel. Stay in one of the 44 rooms or suites of the Ice Hotel, this ephemeral work of art entirely made of ice and snow; an unequalled winter experience!
7. Snowshoe through a haunted valley. Take advantage of the deep snowdrifts in Parc national des Monts-Valin, which make the trees look like ghosts under more than 6 metres of snow!
8. Stay in a mountain inn that can only be reached by a caterpillar shuttle. Try something different at Auberge de montagne des Chic-Chocs, located in the heart of the Chic-Chocs mountain range in Gaspé, with its 7 metres of snow!
9. Watch the baby seals from the ice floe. Take a helicopter trip with Hôtel-Château Madelinot on Îles-de-la-Madeleine, the only place in the world where you can watch the baby seals on the ice floe; a remarkably beautiful sight!