This island, located 5 km (3 mi.) from Trois-Pistoles, was inhabited by the Amerindians 2,000 years ago, and in 1584, Basque fishermen began coming to the site. Recognized by Heritage Canada as having national significance, this historic site is also a migratory bird sanctuary. Three-hour guided tours are available every day from early June to the beginning of October. Reservations recommended.