This fall, it’s a zoo out there!
Discover a unique and authentic experience with many surprises in store! Always wanted to feast one’s eyes on a stunningly wide range of rare and wild animals in their natural habitat and get as close as safety will allow, in a sustainable, eco-conscious setting? Now is the time!
Québec’s zoos cater to nature lovers, families and curious visitors looking for amazing discoveries.
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your visit:
Are you an early riser? That’s great, because you’ll get to see animals enjoy their breakfast. Moreover, since temperatures are cooler in the morning, they are more likely to be out and about during that time. Come witness their morning rituals, like us, they like to wet their whistle after waking up!
Animals don’t like noise. In fact, it scares them! While being silent is no easy task when travelling with the entire family, you can try and be as quiet as you can to enjoy their presence and observe them in their natural habitats.
Our animal friends love to play hide-and-seek. However, as long as you’re patient, they eventually will get over their shyness and come out!
Learn about unique activities:
Several zoos also showcase seasonal events.
Here are a few must-see Halloween activities:
- Halloween, the Grands Frissons, Zoo sauvage de St-Félicien, on Saturday and Sunday, October 28-29
- A super scary evening at the Aquarium de Québec, on October 27, visitors will tour the Aquarium by torchlight, every saturday in October
- Halloween at the Zoo, Granby Zoo, weekends in October
- Haunted Labyrinth, Zoo Parc Safari, weekends, October 14-29
- Animal’s Halloween at the Biodôme, October 28-29
Ready for adventure? Here’s a list of parks and zoos where animals await you:
Parc Safari Zoo (open until October 29)
Aquarium du Québec
Centre de la Biodiversité du Québec